Saturday, 29 June 2013

Oh woe is me!

Today seems to be a day of disasters, nothing earth shattering just very annoying. If you can be bothered reading this there is some gaming related stuff down the end of my waffling.

It started after last weekends worst storm in 45 years. I lost power for two days so had to stay at my lady friends place. When I got home I found that I had lost a couple of small bushes, and one that was over a story high that was blown against a window so needed to come down. The worst thing I could complain about was it taking 24 hours to restart my Sky Box (actually Telstra service) which meant I missed watching two International Rugby games live. I found nothing else wrong at home.

Yesterday I worked outside using my chainsaw to cut up a fair bit of wood, and then washed the sea salt and other dirt off the north facing part of the house. Today I was feeling a bit stiff and almost felt that I had a migraine so instead of working outside in the 12 degree heat (which felt much warmer due to no cloud or wind) decided to do some work on my projects.

Went downstairs to turn on a heater in my games room (a converted garage) so I could do some varnishing. I picked up a paperback that had swollen to twice its normal size I found that I had a leak from the ranch slider which had wet the carpet. I then picked up my box of Egyptian and Vietnam bits and found it was wet through. Then I picked up my Old West box and found that to be a bit damp but no damage. I've emptied both boxes out to air with a dehumidifier. My two new tool cases which I had attached magnetic sheeting to were also a bit wet but everything else seems ok. I had been planning to put some old desks down there to get everything off the floor but alas I am too late.

I then went into the garage to spray some wicker fences with the brown can which had worked so well on my other buildings. This did not work on the cardboard bases and ran prompting me to wipe it off with a cloth and then resprayed with black undercoat.

I then picked up my extended bases that I had been undercoating for my Sargents. (whose bases do not work well on hilly terrain). I found that the left over stickers from my flags I used as masking did not come off, which meant I had to scrape them off with a knife.

It was with some trepidation that I picked up the can of GW Ard Stuff Varnish which has given me mixed results as far as matting goes. It is a very old can and has only the dregs left now but I prefer it to other varnishes that I have sprayed with. However I am happy to report that the latest batch of Robin Hood figures, a mixture of Monks and peasants has come out very matt and will be photographed once I have done the basing.

I'm pleased to say that my other buildings are looking good and have nearly finished all the Castle buildings and walls. I've only a month left before the Demo game so hope everything goes to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment