Sunday, 7 September 2014

Zulus, thousands of plastic bits of Zulus.

Well it certainly feels like that after assembling almost seven regiments of them, plus a regiment of NNC.
These are the Warlord figures which are very good, although I think that they look a little on the small side. I prefer to paint larger more heavily sculpted figures like Black Tree Design. I also would have liked some texture on the bases as I found it difficult to merge them into the larger bases.
I initially planed to use Black Tree figures for the command, but felt that these just looked wrong next to the plastics. I instead made a few command figures from the plastics as I had bought the Army box which did not have any command (Induna) figures in it. Luckily I also had a few regiment boxes which gave me three metal figures. Next time I base I need to remember to shim the metals up as they look small due to the very thin bases.

I had initially planned to use 24 man regiments but decided that I hate the figure in each corner look. I  have added six more to bring the units up to 30 and tried to randomise the positions as much as possible.

Not happy with how my bases have been looking lately I spent some time looking at colour charts in my local paint shop. I also bought some Wood Stain from a hardware store after reading of another Blogger using it. Happily all these changes and the use of my normal base Brown turned out really pleasing to my eyes. I will buy some grass tufts later when I decide which ones to go with.

This will be my Indhlondhlo Regiment.











No comments:

Post a Comment