Friday 27 March 2015

28mm Helicopter stands.

I have been scratching my head about how to mount my Metal Helicopters safely for several years. I have heard of people using plastic wine glasses. I have not seen anything like what I thought they should look like until I saw some cheap party glasses. The glasses have separate bases which I left off and fitted a cut down rivet into the top which fits nicely into the screw hole of the Cobra I am using. I will drill similar sized holes in the other metal and plastic Helos I have.

Of course these will do for landing Helos so I will need something a bit taller for higher flying aircraft as these are no higher than my trees. Somewhere in my spare room are some TV aerials which I want to try and fit to a glass.






3 comments:

  1. Great solution dude! Where do you get your 28mm helicopters from? I'm really struggling to find any, especially civilian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob, I bought them on Ebay years ago before the prices went a bit silly. You can find loads of the Corgi Cobras on Ebay at a good price but the Hueys are going for double what I paid for them,

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.