Saturday 18 August 2018

Red Vectors Walls

I mentioned these in an earlier post and now have them on the table.
I think I should have a disclaimer on this Blog that says "I make the mistakes so others don't have to".

Well my plan to use some card covers to add texture was only partly successful! The paint I intend to use on my Berlin buildings turned out to be not very good. It is supposed to be a primer and paint in one can. However I found that the paint would cover the MDF but it would not cover the card at all well. I ended up with blobs of paint in patches on the card. (The card probably has a protective coating on it as it was intended to be used as binding covers). 

So one side of the wall had this blobby coating and the other was clean.  I then covered everything in some Matt Black primer and then doubting the coverage of the top coat I then coated the walls in Brown spray and then over sprayed with the top colour. By this stage the texture was pretty much lost but there is nothing I can do about that. The walls got a wet brush of Vallejo Pale Sand which is close to the 4Ground colour of the House. I also used the same colours on the trim on the wall topping, German Cam Orange Ochre and Green Grey highlighted with Light Grey for the pillar etc. I used my ground technique which I use for my Zulus on this and also picked out the brick work using the same paint mix I used for the roof. The walls turned out quite well and look close in colour to the house once they are put together on the table.




Wall with some scrap from the house kit.



1 comment:

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.