Saturday, 4 May 2013

WIP of the Castle.

I originally said I would not do WIP's on the blog, however I seem to have forgotten that promise when I posted the shots of my building work last week. I decided this week I would post some progress photos of the Castle.
I have put three different colours on the base so far. I still need to do some more filling and some areas would be improved with some sand and paint for extra texture.

Shot of the base from above.

The texture seen here is just from using a Rasp against the foam. 
The forward edge is too smooth from using filler and then sanding the ridges off.
I did not really think that through enough beforehand.




I really like the texture of the base but I needed to add some cart tracks and came up with this little device to press into the foam. I think you can just see the effect in the photos and hope it will show up better when I do more painting.



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I for one enjoy seeing people's WIPs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done all around. Love the cart track jig!

    ReplyDelete