Saturday, 13 November 2021

Warlord Games US Paratroops.

I have been playing Chain of Command but using the Cards I made up for Troops Weapons and Tactics for activation. I found this really good for Solo play.  One of the issues I found was that I have not enough US Paratroopers to make up a full Platoon. Looking around I found that Warlord Games also make Early Uniformed Paras, so hoped that they would look ok with my Black Tree Design figures. I ordered a Section Pack and a Pack 75. When they arrived I found that they had better detail and were a similar size to the BTD figures. I tried a paint job that was better and yet fitted in with the older figures. I may go back and repaint the Helmets on all the figures at some point as I was not really happy with the match or look.

Of course there are too many SMG's so will use the left overs as HMG or Pack 75 crewmen.

Tuesday, 9 November 2021

The Tanks of Fury 2. Fury has been finished.

I cannot believe that it has been so long since I've updated the Blog. I guess I have been tweeting instead and thinking I've also Blogged the same things.

The last month I have been getting the windows, plus front and back doors in my house replaced with double glazing which has been stressful and taken up quite a bit of my time. Some issues are still to be sorted out.

The time I have had to work on Fury has been fleeting and I've also had new issues with the build that I have not experienced before. The first problem arose when I did the first coat of paint over the undercoat. The resin on the large tarpaulin reactivated and went all sticky. I left it alone for a week to see if it would firm up but it didn't. So I recoated it with Humbrol Enamel Undercoat which solved the issue. However once I had painted it and then put a wash over the paint it went sticky again. I cannot remember how I solved that the second time but it may have been another coat of paint. The next issue was the cotton I used to hold down the stowage went all hairy.  I spent some time trimming the hairy bits off. The next issue was that as my can of Army Painter antishine had run out I used a new can. Either this was not quite right or I held the can too close, or even put too much on. I found it was quite glossy and felt a bit sticky. Another much lighter coat solved this. I had almost finished it by this stage and decided to dirty it up. I have not really got the hang of this yet and did not get a very consistent result, but I think its ok.

In some spare time I also assembled Lucy Sue. Since I have just gotten my garage back from the builders I should be able to start to paint it soon. That is if I have time left over from painting my window frames.