Saturday 27 May 2017

British 24th first Company completed.

I really like these Black Tree Design figures as they were easy to paint. I have not had much experience of painting Red jackets other than two units of Foundry Marines for Sharp Practice which I struggled with getting nice coverage. These figures were undercoated Brown and then I used two GW Reds topped off with a Vallejo Red. I took ages to paint these as I found painting the Red then Blue and then the White quite boring. Once I started filling in the other colours in the painting became very enjoyable. The depth of the Red is really good but the shine of the photos hides this. In reality they are not shiny at all.

I went with sixteen figures in a Company with an Officer included. I will use separate based Officers for higher command. There is one Casting Room Miniature who fits in quite well but is not as well sculpted as the rest. I was lucky with the basing as I did not consider using them in a column formation until I had completely finished the unit!

It may appear that I have been slack on the painting front but I actually have three 4ground wagons just about finished and am about 80% done with my Zulu casualty markers.









10 comments:

  1. I love these. These will fit almost perfectly alongside my own from the same manufacturer. When we have this mythical "big game" of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when that will be as my partner arranged to go on Holiday just before Call to Arms.

      Delete
    2. I am committed to a Wagram refight game being organised by Terry Swain and co.

      Delete
    3. If you are up to a visit one evening this week I am in town - Love to see your flash new wargame room. My email is woolshedwargamer@gmail.com.

      Delete
    4. Hi Brian, sorry only saw this today. I will contact you this week.

      Delete
  2. They are excellent Dan! Love your basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. I have BTD's British army medical team from the range, and like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.