Monday 27 March 2017

Mbube and uVe Unmarried Regiments

I have just finished two units of Skirmishers and have painted them as the Mbube and uVe Regiments. These are the last of my plastic figures that I had in stock. Well there is actually one left over who may come in handy for something later on. I have based them three to a base to space them out. These two units were a bit smaller than the others that I have seen listed so I thought I'd made them skirmishers. I may make up a duplicate set of these up later to strengthen them but will try and play test first to see if they work as is.
Next on the painting desk are some Black Tree unmarried skirmishers with firearms.

I'm still having issues with my camera so these are not the greatest of photos.

I had also run out of Agrax Earthshade and used Devlan Mud instead, you can see the difference in the definition on the figures backs. Lesson learnt.

Edit, while looking at my hand written notes I see that the uVe regiment had somewhere between 2000 to 3500 members. So before I get a flood of complaints (if anyones reading this). I thought I'd better point out my own mistake. I may have to change some shields to get a better representation of some of the regiments or build a complete uVe regiment just like the others. I have not found out if the skirmishers and riflemen mentioned in some reports were taken from regiments when needed, or if they were specially raised units for this purpose. The reason I looked at my notes closely is that I am trying to decide what shield design I should use on my riflemen which are just about painted.










3 comments:

  1. When I come out of this non-painting funk I hope to do some more Zulu as well. Great inspiration for me on this post.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.