Saturday 17 June 2017

8th edition of 40k.

You might wonder why I am suddenly talking about 40k? Well in the late 1990's early 2000's I collected quite a bit of kit. Most I sold off as I only managed to play a couple of games as I was heavily into FOW at that stage. I had a painted Sisters of Battle Army that I always liked and could not bare to part with. Similarly I had collected a pile of Imperial Guard kit which was mainly Valhallans and some Catachans. I really liked the sculpting of the Valhallans and also the metal Catachans. The plastic Catachans really put me off as I could not make them look very good but still have a pile of them. Recently the manager of the local GW shop befriended me on Facebook where I learnt about the new version of 40k. Today I bought Imperium2 and the new rules. Surprisingly I have spent most of the afternoon and evening reading both. I don't usually read that much. I also got out my Sisters to try and work out how to organise them. I think I can make an Army fairly easily as I also have quite a few figures and one Immolator unpainted. The Exorcist is a scratch build as there were no models available at the time or even a list other than Chapter Approved. Some of the painting needs an update as I was changing over from Enamels at the time.



















4 comments:

  1. Great looking collection, nice to see some Dave Andrews Storm troopers painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those older models and one day hope to use them in a game.

      Delete
  2. Love the pix. The scratch-build is very good. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased that it still looks quite good. I was doing quite a lot of 1/35th scale models back then.

      Delete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.