Saturday 1 February 2020

ZZZZZZZZZ

I won't have anything to Blog about for a while as I am getting over Shingles. I am in the third week of dealing with the pain and rashes and am finding it very demotivating.

I have managed to complete one batch of my Bystanders for "Reality's Edge" before the rashes started and then spent an hour cleaning up the next batch of figures, but thats all I have done in several weeks. The Bystanders are 1/50th scale Railway figures which will be mass based to act as line of sight blockers. I keep getting ideas for painting etc but have no motivation to actually do anything about it. I also need to buy a few things for my DBMM Celts but again, can't be bothered. I have had to cancel twice where I was going to sit on in DBMM games so I am feeling a bit frustrated at this stage.

In case you have not heard of the issue before I started to find my lower right chest sensitive to the touch. This made showering quite difficult as I have to have the temperature quite low. The tenderness then turned into real pain and an outbreak of rashes going around my chest and continuing around my back, all on the right hand side. From what I have read it could take weeks, months or even years to come right depending on the person. Some days I have no problems working but on others I am very slow. Yesterday I laid on the couch all day and watched the Witcher, but I did have a bit of a cold as well. Today I have spent about an hour mowing the lawns and having a tidy up outdoors with no problem. Now I am sitting down writing this I am getting a few pangs of pain, but maybe thats more to do with watching Scotland play Ireland. I have 25% blood ties to each country haha.When I visited the Doctor she said that there is a vaccine available for free for the over Sixties but as I have just turned 59 I missed out. It might pay to get it done anyway and I might still need to get it done myself as you can get Shingles more than once. I would have thought that having the virus would be enough, but it turns out not to be the case.

2 comments:

  1. When I had shingles it was no fun, felt like getting pricked with needles sometimes, hope you’re feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. For me it feels like after a day at work that someone has been sandpapering my skin, my right nipple is particularly painful. Other times it feels like a bruise an hour after being punched, (not that I have been punched for decades) and thats on a good day.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.