Friday 15 July 2022

ECW repaint

My local DBMM group decided to get into 17th Century gaming. 

I started painting some Essex figures I bought as Army sets in the late 1980's. To these I then added Foundry Commands to add bulk and interest. I'm afraid it was then that I got interested in other projects and they have lain untouched for decades. The figures are well painted as my eyesight was great back then but are in enamels and have no highlighting or washes applied.

I pulled off the terrible looking bases and put a wash of Army Painter strong tone diluted with matt medium. I then went over and touched up the paint on the clothing and metallic's.  I'm rather pleased with the results but then discovered that the units are too small for Pike and Shot. I am again afraid that these will have to be shelved till I have finished my Ancient British.

I have to confess that despite my earlier moan about Blogging, I do enjoy writing about my interests and posting photos. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.