Friday 15 February 2013

TWAT



No I'm not calling you names,

TWAT is the Too Fat Lardies Troop Weapons and Tactics WW2 game for 28mm figures. I use it to play solo games as there is no way of knowing which unit is going to make its move next due to the card system used. It takes quite a bit of preparation in getting the cards sorted out for each unit so is not really suitable for pick up club games. I'm intending to use Bolt Action WW2 for that.
TWAT also handles large formations quite well which I think Bolt Action would struggle to do.

The above picture is my Wargames table set out for a game of TWAT looking from the German side.
The Germans were to take the railway building with a radio station hidden behind it as their first objective.
The second objective was to take the crossroads which is just behind the Renault bus.
The American defenders were a small Mechanised Platoon which had some tanks in reserve.

The Germans took both objectives with but with heavy casualties.
I was painting a Platoon of US Paras at the time but failed to have them ready to make it to the game.
I guess the US can attack next time.


 The German attack takes shape.


 Total US forces I owned at the time but was all was not used in the game.


 Total German forces I own and was used for the game.

1 comment:

  1. TWAT!? Chortle... I do love the Lardies sense of humour. I'm intrigued as well, as I intend to wargame solo WWII stuff if/when I finally complete my various forces. Great looking minis to, btw.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.