Saturday 23 March 2019

Cruel Seas

Well after complaining that I had not achieved much over the Holidays I seem to have completed several projects at the same time. I will be posting a few more items after this but spaced out for maximum impact. LOL.

I think I started Cruel Seas on Boxing Day, I already had the Starter set earlier. I got a Fleet from my partner on Christmas Day and then the other Fleet the following week on my Birthday. I enjoyed painting these up but found them more difficult than others as it seemed to take me ages to find a paint job that I was happy with. Or maybe its just the scale I am unfamiliar with?

I still have not decided on what mat to use for this and just used a Yoga Mat for the photos. I also have not printed out the modifications for the rules.

I built everything as supplied but modified the bases for the planes with Greenstuff to add weight for stability as well as looks. The Decals on the planes were painted by hand. Funny but I had no problems with doing the roundels but messed up the crosses several times. I did not seal the plastic or resin parts but selectively matted down the glossy decks of the Dog Boats and sprayed the planes as I felt they need protection. I had knocked over the Blenheim several times while moving it. I still have several MTB's and E boots to paint as I was waiting to sea what Gun options were going to be offered by Warlord.

















1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! I have a whole collection of coastal craft and aircraft in 1/1200, otherwise I might be tempted by the larger scale.

    ReplyDelete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.