Thursday 16 April 2020

Never Mind the Bollocks here are some Ancient British Fanatics

First of all I'd like to say that I am trying a different location to take my photos. The issue I have now is that I have to rest my camera on some pillows and did not notice some of the photos are a bit out of focus. The reason I am doing this is I had a look through my Robin Hood photos and noticed how clear and colourful they are. Those photos were taken in my old games-room using an older camera and using a different application to load them on. I may try and see if my old camera will work and take some test photos at some stage.



These figures are from Black Tree Design. I really like them as they are nice and chunky and full of character. I bought way too many of them to use in DBMM so I am thinking of using the left overs for SPQR which means they will be individually based. These will be based in threes once I can order some MDF bases.



I really did not want to paint the Tattoos as the last time I tried I used an Artists pen which wasn't totally successful and had faded over the last five or six years since I painted them. However if any unit needed Tattoos it would be this one so I looked online for inspiration. What I found was a mixture of really expertly painted illustrations and rather rough looking re-enactors. I thought that the Tattoos would most likely done in a hurry by people who were not artists helping a mate out to prepare for Battle. I started off trying to copy a few illustrations and then just started to doodle. One of the Fanatics has a meat and two veg tattooed under his arms, I wonder if anyone will notice? 




The Shields were hand painted as the ones I got with my Victrix Chariots are a different size and I cannot order any under the circumstances we find ourselves in.

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought it cold in Britain, yet these folk are definitely dressed for the warmth. I know that they went naked, but how did they manage it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drugs? Its not that much different to the weather in NZ at times. We see bare chested Maori performers doing the Haka at sports or other events whatever the weather or Joggers doing much the same.

      Delete

I am turning off comments for now as a certain Peter Smith has been spamming me endlessly, and it's wasting my time moderating it. I hope that does not put off genuine commentators who may want to comment later.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.